Will back dermal scars affect BBL results ?

I have back dermal piercings in the dimples of my Lower back one rejected a year ago and has left a small dark scar and the other I plan on taking out any day now. Will the scars from my piercings affect my results in anyway . Will the scars go from being on my lower back to the center of my butt after fat is transferred there ???

Will back dermal scars affect BBL results

The scars will probably not be an issue with the overall result, but pictures would be helpful in the evaluation process.

BBL

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination and discussion of your cosmetic goals/concerns. The scars from your dermal piercings should not affect your surgery in any way. Your plastic surgeon may even opt to use them as portals for the liposuction cannula if they are in a suitable position. The placement of your scars will not change much either, they should remain on your lower back as they are now even after fat has been grafted to the buttocks. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon