Which Asian eyelid surgery to do to minimize scars and get the most natural results? (photo)

Hi... I've been thinking about making my eyelids bigger for the longest time... But I'm hesitant about it because I want the most natural results possible. I don't wanna close my eyes and see scars. I've seen people on YouTube having the most natural results like Amy Pham from the platform.... I've never seen results so natural before. Wondering what techniques were used on her.

Suture versus incision technique

Thank you for the question. There is no such thing as no scar. I perform Asian eyelid surgery nearly every  day Monday to Friday and what I can tell you is I feel incision technique leaves a very nice looking scar that is actually harder to see sometimes than suture technique.  Suture technique sometimes is called "incision less" or scarless" and I just don't find that to be true. In fact what I see in patients of my own and from other clinics is that the series a small holes that you make in the skin during suture technique is easier to see because you see this dot dot dot configuration that the human eye and brain notices as being out of place on the eyelid.  However with incision technique you have one smooth line that eventually should look like your natural crease when the eyes are closed. There is no such thing as no scar.

I do think suture technique has a fast recovery but less reliable results. I preferred incision technique anchoring sutures for my Asian eyelid surgery cases majority majority of The time. Either one of these can give you either very natural or dramatic results. It's all about listening to your patient and good planning.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is from Girin Plastic Surgery.

Surgery's result would be different how depends on person's exophthalmos or thickness of skin.
There is incision and non-incision for the eyelid surgery.
Incision method is showing the scars when you closed eyes.
In other hand, non-incision method is goes to easy procedure and there would be no scar. But there is limited to make your eyes is wide and bigger.
Non-incision ptosis correction is made up for the those weak points.
For non-incision ptosis correction's effect is making your eye line's clear and there would be no scar because it's no incision.
I guess non-incision procedure is what you most want for eyelid surgery.

Hoon Song, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Natural results for Asian eyelid surgery

You've likely seen really great results and did not know they had surgery! The key in Asian eyelid surgery results looking natural, in my opinion, has less to do with the actual technique, rather than where on the eyelid the fold is set. Each person is born with a tarsal plate of a certain height. The reason for that fold is that is where the muscle (for simplicity sake) inserts at the top of the tarsal plate. When incisions and eyelids look unnatural, the fold has been placed usually too high and the natural height of the tarsal plate was not measured, often purposely. Eyelid incisions usually heal beautifully and fade into a crease. 
A non-surgical suture technique is possible in someone who is very young, without a lot of excess skin and fat. The results from this technique look very natural and that is because the suture is placed right where the natural crease should be. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon