Areolas look uneven in size left bigger then the right., fully lift and augmentation 335cc. Any suggestions? (photos)

Help is this normal that my areola look uneven after surgery March 11. Left areola looks bigger then the right. I had a full lift and implants 335 cc date of surgery March 11. Right breast is still tender.

Areolas look uneven....

Thank you for sharing your photos as this can make it easier to see the concern, but can be an uncomfortable process. Due to the smooth muscle function of the breast and the tension that is created with the mastopexy incisons, this takes a little longer to heal and see final results. Rest assured, if in fact one areola is larger than the other, it takes a simple operation to correct down the road. Your results look great and I am sure you will be very pleased once your tissues settle!

Uneven

I recommend to wait 3-6 months of healing prior to embarking on a new surgical considearation.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Uneven Nipples?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance.  The nipple areola complex often takes up to 6 months for the swelling to subside and settle with a smooth round appearance. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Areola shape & size change

Hi rayna1996.  Thanks for the question & sharing photos.  It is common for areolar shape & size to change during the healing process.  The constant contraction & relaxation of the nipple & areola is an influencing factor that unfortunately can not be predicted or controlled.  Revisions can be completed after 12 weeks under local anesthesia if necessary. Best wishes,

Breast asymmetry

It may take many months for the areolas to "round out". It's too early to decide whether or not your symmetry will be good. Your photographs look quite good to me and it most you may need a small touchup of the areola that's not circular. I would wait 3 to 4 months before doing that. Follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Uneven Areolas Following Augmentation & Lift

The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.
Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
The two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Areolas look uneven in size left bigger then the right., fully lift and augmentation 335cc. Any suggestions?

You are very early in the healing process. Allow yourself 6 weeks to 3 months for implants to settle, and swellign to subside. Address your concerns and questions with your surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD