Can I have profraction to treat acne scarring? (Photo)

I come from a family of people with acne/scarring issues. I've tried everything (also accutane) but I still get hormonal acne. I've had profraction done 4 years ago, and I still have 1 more left (part of the deal) My question: 1) can I go for my profraction with some acne on my skin? 2) is there hope for my skin? planning to do more to fight the scars! I'm done being depressed about it. I've seen amazing results from before & after pics! there's hope! I'm asian, not dark/light just average tone

Multi-pass treatment provides good benefit

• Deep scarring form acne is difficult to treat.  The best option is profractional.  It will likely take 3 sessions.  In order to get even better results I generally combine it with BBL and a microlaser peel.
  • Some post-treatment topical creams are also useful adjuncts.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Pro Fractional Therapy for acne scars

Thank you for your question bloom 1437. Pro Fractional Therapy works well for acne scars. Typically a series of three to six treatments is required and my patients see improvement six to twelve months after the final treatment. So patience is important. I prefer treating acne scars once all active acne is under control. In this way patients do not form new scars after Pro Fractional Therapy treatments. Hormonal acne can be treated well with oral contraceptive medications. Please consult with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Pro Fractional Therapy for acne scars

Acne scars and Laser

After trying many modalities of lasers I came up with my current treatment plan.
Depending on the type of acne scars, depth and distribution and skin type, my current recommendation is Laser resurfacing , profractional laser to treat skin irregularities, and BBL for pigment differences.
There is downtime, approximately 5-7 days depending on the intensity of the treatment
You will see great improvements with this treatment
Thanks for sharing  

Nicolas Villanustre, MD
Clearwater Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars and Laser

Thanks for sharing  

Nicolas Villanustre, MD
Clearwater Plastic Surgeon

Lasers, erbium ProFractional and acne scars

Yes, you will have some good improvement over 3-4 sessions, however targeted acne scar revision gives the best results. 

Explained in the video below. I do like erbium ProFractional, but only use this in darker skin types. I do believe that the INFINI RF system is superior to Sciton ProFractional in the treatment of acne scaring. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetics
Brisbane, Australia. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetics
Brisbane, Australia.