What kind of nose surgery is recommended for my crooked nose? (Photo)

I wasn't born with a crooked nose, so I'm looking into getting surgery to correct my nose. Just wondering what kind of nose surgery will be needed to have a straight nose?

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty for Crooked nose

Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.   This is the approach all celebrities, models and actresses take because there is no external cuts or scarring.  The goal is to refine the nose, not drastically change the nose.  By doing subtle refinements we are able to finesse the sculpt the nose to match your face perfectly.  By doing this via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling.     

For your nose we would do asymmetric spreader grafts to help shift the nose to the midline and give it a straighter appearance while refining the bridge subtly.  

Do consult a board certified plastic surgeon who performscarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his/her surgical practice and do hundreds of these procedures a year.  

All the best!

What kind of nose surgery is recommended for my crooked nose?

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the crooked nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To straighten the crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones to straighten them. To straighten the midportion of the nose requires a spreader graft harvested from inside the patient's nose, and placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. To straighten the nasal tip requires cartilage grafting techniques or  a conservative cartilage removal to balance the nasal tip. For more information and many before and after examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see link and the video below

Crooked nose

Seeing the full nose in multiple views can be helpful, but you need an exam in person to best analyze your face.  Good luck.

Straightening a crooked nose

Hi there. Thank you for your post. The photo give us only part of the picture so it is difficult to be accurate with any recommendations. Rhinoplasty encompasses various techniques to straighten the nose including reshaping the bones through controlled breaks and realigning the septum (central line of the nose) through strategic removal of bits of cartilage and replacement/ cartilage sutures. Usually, significant improvements are feasible but perfection i.e.an absolutely straight nose is not likely - minor asymmetries are common and normal. Good luck

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a possible septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved with either a closed or open approach when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in
person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

A rhinoplasty would be the best procedure to correct the crocked appearance. Although, if you have a deviated septum due to the crookedness of your nose (possible trauma) then you may also need a septoplasty to correct any internal issues.  I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for these procedures. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Nose

The deviated nose can usually be corrected very successfully by straightening each deviated segment of the nose independently. The challenge with your nose is the thickness of your skin not so much the deviation to the right. You may consider consulting a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in correction of the nose deviation and knows how to deal with the thick skin.

Good Luck.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

A formal physical examination would help to assess the potential causes for your crooked nose.  There are many reasons for a nose to appear crooked.  A nose can be crooked despite never having had trauma to the nose.  A rhinoplasty would help to give your nose a straighter appearance.  The straightening of a crooked nose is one of the more challenging techniques in rhinoplasty.  It is best to be evaluated by a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD