Getting Juvederm Plus, is it okay when you have regular Juvederm in your cheeks?

Hey I have almost 6 syringes of juviderm in my face for acne scarring and it worked great! But I wanna get a tiny bit more just to touch up a few small spots, is it okay to switch to the longer lasting juviderm plus for the touch up or should I stick with the same, thanks.

Juvederm Products

Thank you for your excellent question.  The various Juvederm products differ in their thickness and longevity.  They are commonly used together, depending on the areas being treated.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus

The two Juvederms are often used together. Juvederm Ultra Plus is longer lasting and is typically used for deeper injection. It may or may not be the right filler for the acne scars that are left. Your dermatologist can make that determination. If you have superficial depressions left it is possible that you need a little more Juvederm Ultra. 

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

Thanks for your question. That would be completely fine to get Juvederm ultra plus in your cheeks if you have had Juvederm in the past. Combinations of HA fillers are used all the time with no issues. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm Ultra vs. Ultra Plus

We often combine different HA's in a treatment.  You would have no trouble using Ultra plus if you've had ultra in the past.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm Ultra Plus after Juvederm Ultra

There should be no problem using Juvederm Ultra Plus after using Ultra previously for acne scars.  This two fillers are similar- both consist of hyaluronic acid but Ultra Plus is thicker.  Usually Ultra Plus is injected with a slightly larger needle.  Another filler to consider would be Restylane Lyft which is a stiffer product than Juvederm and provides a good lifting effect for atrophic or sunken acne scars.  If you were pleased with your previous results, I would go back to that same injector.  A good injector can get good results with many different filler products.   Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you have different types of filler in the face?

Thanks so much for your question. We often combine different types of HA's in the face as we have preference as to which products work best in particular areas. For example, we love Juvederm Ultra Plus for the cheeks, lips, nasol folds but we wouldn't use it in the tear troughs. Feel free to mix different HA's if you wish provided the expert advice has been given by your physician. All the best!!

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Switching fillerrs

Juvederm ultraplus may be slightly longer lasting in some patients.  There is no reason that you cannot have different fillers used.  Often, multiple types of fillers are used at the same time as the each have slightly different effects.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers

Yes, you can "mix and match" these types of fillers and it should be fine. Best of luck moving forward.

Juvederm or Juvederm Ultra Plus - OK to get both?

This is certainly fine to do this. There is no interactions. Mixing filler in the face is becoming the norm because of the different characteristics of fillers in various areas of the face.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Plus for my acne scars?

Hello jay306,Thank you for your question. Very happy you are having such success with you current regimen. There is no problem using Juvederm Ultra Plus as you have indicated in your question. Best of luck.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician