It's been 2 weeks since I had my Fraxel and I'm now covered with tiny brown dots and hyperpigmentation. Is this normal? (photo)

I see no sign of improvement or peeling at all. The actual damage is more severe than what the photos depict.

Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question! Some patients, especially those with a darker complexion or olive undertone, may develop PIH or post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation 2 to 3 weeks after a Fraxel procedure. PIH is caused by an inflammatory response related to the thermal treatment of the Fraxel laser. PIH typically resolves on its own over the course of the next several months, however there are topical treatments, such as prescription hydroquinone, that can be applied to the area to accelerate the healing process.

I would recommend contacting your provider to assess the area and determine what topical treatments will be helpful during your recovery. Good luck!

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel and post-op

Fraxel is a fabulous procedure for sun damage on the face, neck, chest, or other areas of the body.  The tiny brown dots like sandpaper from the laser usually take at least a week to heal in the face and up to four weeks on other areas of the body.  The settings and body site both can make healing time differ.  If you are concerned please consult your treating physician for re-assurance.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel.

Fraxel to body

Fractional treatments to the body take much longer than the face to heal, so it's not uncommon to see the dots at this point. The hyperpigmentation I'm not so excited about, but it looks to me like it should resolve with more time. There doesn't have to be peeling at all, so that's fine. I would recommend you follow-up with your treating provider. I usually see all fractional laser treatments two weeks after the treatment.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."