What would be involved in the process of changing it my nose to look how I have photoshopped it? (photo)

I have photoshopped a picture of how my nose currently looks, and how I want it to look. What would be involved in the process of changing it? What is the price range for this procedure? (In the image I have slightly reduced the size of the hump (dorsal), and the size of the hump on the tip of my nose.)

Have you considered a #nonsurgical #rhinoplasty to camouflage your dorsal nasal hump?

Thank you for your question and picture.

You might want to try filler such as restylane or juvederm.  One could likely hide the small dorsal hump and give you something close to what you are showing.  It is a simple in-office procedure with no downtime.  Fillers last about 1 to 1,5 years in this location.

Otherwise, surgically, hump removal and tip refinement would be required, using a combination of suture and grafting techniques.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Changing My Nose as I've Photoshopped

Your goals are very reasonable and can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. Consult with a specialist so you get the natural result you've morphed. Cost will be determined after a physical examination, a discussion of your alternatives, and treatment plan is developed

The cost of a rhinoplasty

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time under anesthesia, and the surgeon's professional fees. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, and building up the supratip area of the nose with a cartilage graft. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information, our current price list and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

For your hump, this is a relatively simple change and can involve just rasping (shaving down) the hump until it is straight. Some may chisel but in your case the amount needed to decrease is small. The changes in the tip are more complex. This would involve exposing the cartilage and releasing it from the lining to allow it to spring into a natural curve. a slightly less pinched look could be achieved by using sutures to create the desired appearance. Alternative, cartilage grafts can be used to camouflage the tip and smooth it out, but you run the risk of exposure of these grafts. The price range varies by local. In Beverly Hills you would be looking at 8-12,000 for your surgery.

Aric K. Park, MD

Feasible and realistic

Your understanding and goals about your nose are pretty standard and feasible, you are very realistic and this will be very helpful for your surgeon.

Let me suggest some additional refinements:
-removing the interdomal cleft / groove visible due your thin skin; easy to achieve with plasties at the domes and plication medially
-not so aggressive upwards rotation of tip; this is of course disputable, but IMHO you have chosen a too high tip position that might lead to nostrils exposure in the frontal view
-you suffer from oversized weak / soft triangle, with a flaccid portion of the nostril rim and a dip near the tip at the margin; this might be corrected by a tiny grafting to bridge the gap

Seek opinion of expertes in nasal refinements and not just on rhinoplasty experts.

NEVER ever accept fillers in a nose!

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Changing your nose

Dear L_English,

Thank you for your clinical post and photograph. The changes you’ve outlined in the photoshopped and altered profile image are very reasonable and achievable in the hands of an experienced and expert rhinoplasty surgeon. Rhinoplasty is the art and science of altering the nasal bones and soft tissue collages of the nose to improve nasofacial balance and proportion. The slight bridge reduction and refinement of the tip are reasonable expectations and should be achieved in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.
I would see the advice and consultation with a specialist in plastic surgery or ear, nose, throat, head and neck oncology and insist on computer imaging. Computer imaging can show range of improvements that can likely be achieved such as you have shown your photoshop, but from the perspective of the operative surgeon.
With this “try before you buy” it is unusual for patients to be unhappy with the range of outcomes that can be achieved.

Discussions of functional nasal surgery such as airway improvement especially when the nose is smaller should be part of the consultation process. I’ve been fortunate to be performing rhinoplasty surgery for 24 years and was trained in both ENT head and neck oncology and plastic surgery.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more, please visit the link below.

To schedule a consultation simply click on the online consultation form or call the number and a client service representative will be with you promptly.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Photos and rhinoplasty

While the goal is to achieve what you ahve photoshopped, and it may be possible, one can not predict how the soft tissues will respond exaclty after surgery. Best of luck.