How come we can do incredible things with surgery but I can't make my lips drastically bigger?

I have extremely thin lips, I have never seen some one with lips are small as mine and it looks awkward on my face. It has bothered me my whole life. I have the money, but anytime I see pictures of before and after the difference is subtle at any office I've visited. If some one is willing to pay for a drastic change why can't it be possible? My dreams are crushed. Think Kylie Jenner before and after. Implants? Fillers? What makes a REAL change?

Lip enhancement

Lip enhancement is a procedure which must be planned carefully. I find that fat injection techniques give the softest, most natural results. The amount of volume change is a personal choice, but going from a very thin lip to a generous look might require several sessions. I think any ethical surgeon needs to avoid an overdone look, but fullness can be very nice, as long as it remains proportionate.

Lip Augmentation

If you are unhappy with your lips, augmentation through injections is an in office procedure which takes a short amount of time.  I would warn against a permanent solution until you try a temporary one and see if you are pleased with the results. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in cosmetic facial injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip contouring, #fillers #Restylane

Dear livie_xo

thank you for your question! With very thin lips - there is less room for the filler to add shape and volume. It can take several injections a couple of months apart to achieve a nice result.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Fuller lips

Aesthetic procedures are as much an art as it is a science. In addition, there are personal preferences that both doctors and patients have which will dictate the anticipated result. With that being said, there are limitations as to how much filler can be placed, and although some patients wish to exagerate the appearance of the lips, most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons ideal is to reach an aesthetic balance for the face (or for any area of the body) to have a natural look. Take the time to discuss your goals and interests with your plastic surgeon and seek out one that aligns with your expectations.

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Becareful what you wish for! You should be able to achieve large full lips with either fillers, like Juvederm Ultra or fat transfer, which is more permanent. However, ridiculously plumped lips can look fake and silly, something called "trout pout". Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD