How much of an improvement can I expect to my vertical lip lines with Juvederm injections - ie. 10% , 30%?

Juvederm for lip lines

Dear Ellen870,

Depending on the product of Juvederm deployed such as Juvederm Volift combined with Juvederm Ultra Plus, the red lip volume of the upper and lower lip, the white roll and the cutaneous envelope can be injected very subtly to improve the visible appearance of lip lines. Juvederm alone can usually achieve a 30% or 40% reduction if you combine this with small amounts of Botox vertical lip lines can be improved by 50-60% if not 70%. Combining these two injectable techniques with fractional CO2 resurfacing or fractional radio frequency energy can improve upper lip lines upwards of 90% or better.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and we look forward to seeing you soon.

For more information, please review the link below. Also review the laser wrinkle reduction and Botox sections.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Juvederm in vertical lip lines

Juvederm in the vertical lip lines can sometimes appear to have a bluish discoloration because of tenderness affect.  That is the effect of light penetrating the material and giving an appearance of discoloration.  That makes it very difficult to place Juvederm in the superficial part of a vertical wrinkles.  This is less likely to happen with Belotero.  The other option would be to use Thermismooth for the lip lines to soften them up.Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vertical lip lines

Hi Ellen870
There are various options available.  A combination of Botox and filler can be used.  These options vary from person to person.  It is hard to assess your concerns without a picture.  It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to narrow down the appropriate treatment for your area of concern.  Best of luck!

Vertical Lip Lines

I usually use a combination approach to vertical lip lines.  The best place to start would be have your lips filled with Juvederm and the individual lines volumized with Belotero.  If this is not enough, laser resurfacing is the next step.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm for vertical lip lines

Thank you for your question.  For patients with mild vertical lip lines, a very good result can be achieved with dermal fillers, particularly Restylane Silk as this is what it was specifically designed for.  For severe vertical lip lines, I tend to combine other modalities such as lases, Ultherapy, Profound in conjunction with the lip fillers to achieve significant improvement.  A photo would help assess your severity of lip lines and guide you on what to expect.

Vertical Lip Lines and Best Treatment

Vertical lip lines are some of the most difficult lip lines to treat.  I prefer Belotero or Restylane Silk for these fine lines and often combine treatment with the eMatrix or Fraxel to reduce these lines.  Best, Dr. Green

Vertical lip lines

If you have deep lines they can improve quite a bit . It is hard to nail down a % because everyone is so different.

Juvederm for lip lines

A combination of low dose neurotoxin and filler may be the best way to address lip lines. Shallow lines may be amenable just to neurotoxins. Deep furrows on the other hand, may require both. Filler such as Belotero may be better for superficial injections and more appropriate for lip lines. 
Best to consult  an experienced physician injector in person to get a realistic assessment.
best.

Zakir Sabry MD

Juvederm and vertical lip lines

Thanks for this question.

Its really hard to give you an answer without a good picture, your age and your skin condition.  In addition it's hard to predict the outcome without knowing who will be injecting you.

If you have the right lines, an expert user, who is using a thin product and they take lots of time injecting then the lines can really be significantly improved. That's hard to put a percentage on but up to 70%. A little Botox in the right place can help improve the lines further.