I am worried about the scoring of the lower fold? (Photo)

What are the complications associated with the scoring of the lower pole ?

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.   Every surgery has risks.  The most common problem is failure to fully expand the lower pole constriction.  Good technique must be used by your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Scoring lower pole

There are risks with all surgery. The most common is probably if the scoring the lower pole may leave you with inadequate expansion if not able to completely expand it.