I had a tummy tuck done nearly 7 months ago. Can I get lipo done on my back? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck done almost 7 months ago. Now I am thinking I'd like my back to be smoother and get rid of the ugly "back fat". Would it be better to wait the full year before having the second procedure?

Liposuction

It is not too soon for an examination and to consider your options about a posterior or back procedure.  Whether or not you should wait depends on how much excess skin you may have and whether or not you need a dermolipectomy. You should present to your plastic surgeon to look at it from this point of view.

Can you get lipo done?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Liposuction after TT

Hi.  At this stage 7 months out, it is typically fine to proceed with liposuction of the waist and back areas.  Congratulations on successful completion of your tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck 7 months ago, can I now get lipo on my back?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your tummy tuck.  If your surgeon deems you to be well-healed from your initial surgery you should be more than safe to have liposuction performed on your back.  Best wishes.

Lipo after tummy tuck

Yes, more than likely by 7 months out from a tummy tuck, you can go ahead and have liposuction of adjacent areas.

Liposuction after tummy tuck

Several months should be sufficient- check with your plastic surgeon.

Liposuction of back, abdomen, sides after tummy tuck will compliment and safely complete results.

Yes.

I  usually wait 3 to 6 months.  If the new surgical field does not interfere with the old surgical field, the procedure can be done sooner. As in 3 months. 

Adrian Smith, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

I will often allow a second surgical procedure after 6 months. It would be best for you to ask your Plastic Surgeon directly as they know your situation the best.

Take care