I had a Tummy Tuck done December 2014 at that time I wasn't happy with my belly button waited 6 months for correction. (Photo)

Will I ever have the ability to obtain a nice belly button or is this something I have to live with? Also if there are any improvements to be made would it be possible to have local anesthetic instead if general please advise. I don't want to return to my surgeon it's clear the tummy tuck wasn't a successful one. I am also experiencing itchiness and tenderness in the belly buttob area. I would really like to have a normal belly button. I am so depressed because of the results. Please help Thank you

Un-Natural Looking Belly Buttons after Tummy Tucks......

I think a natural looking Belly Button is one of the most important parts of natural looking Tummy Tuck.   An unnatural looking belly button is a dead giveaway!    Muscle tightening is a very important part as well.   From the picture, it's tough to tell, but I would bet your muscles were not tightened.   Your Belly Button and muscles can be corrected.   This obviously will require another surgery though.   Be sure to get an opinion of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who specialize in this procedure.   I t can be made to look very natural again.
Good Luck

Belly button

Please repost your question with a picture that is in focus. Also, what is it about the appearance of your belly button that you dislike? After we have that information it will be much easier to give you a meaningful answer. It is likely that some improvement could be had with a simple procedure under local anesthesia in the office.

Need consultation

I'm not sure I know what I'm looking at.   Is this an "outie" type belly button?  Is it soft?  Does it get larger when you do a sit-up or strain?   You need an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the cause and subsequent treatment.   If, in order to repair this deformity, you would require a hernia repair, placement of mesh or muscle work, it might be difficult to do this under local anesthesia.  However, if this is just a "skin issue" local anesthesia would be the anesthetic of choice.  

The Belly Button correction

Thank you for your question and photos.   A revision of the belly button area could be done at the office with local anesthesia.   Sometimes a much larger belly button is left after a Tummy Tuck. Find a certified plastic surgeon in your area for your revision. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Belly button appearance after tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photo.  I am sorry to hear about your experience and dissatisfaction with your tummy tuck result.  An in person exam would be needed to help define what has occurred with your belly button and therefore to understand what will need to be done to try and improve the overall appearance of your belly button.  There  may be a number of options available to you from minor revisions under local anesthesia to more involved repair requiring general anesthesia.

Dr. Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck umbilical hernia

congratulations on you tummy tuck! though it is difficult to say without an examination; this appears to be an umbilical hernia. The development of this type hernia is common and can be treated with local anesthesia.  This can be done through the old scars around your belly button. I wish you well