I think I have tubular breast and want to get an augmentation - what would be the best type of implant? (photo)

I think I have tubular breast and want to get an augmentation.... what would be the best type of implant round or anatomical ?and how can i increase my lower pole ? Do I need to have my lower pole scored? I do not want to go to large. I am 5.3 and 115 lbs.

You should see beautiful results with the right plastic surgeon.

The biggest concern with tubular breasts is picking a plastic surgeon who knows how to correct this condition when performing breast augmentation. Without the proper technique, the contours of your breasts may appear irregular and the breast implant may not look like a natural part of your breast shape. During your breast augmentation, your plastic surgeon can release the tissue constriction that leads to tuberous breasts, and/or may use a tissue expander to prepare your breasts for implants later. Either way you should see improved results in breast size and shape.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surger

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to have characteristics of tuberous breasts.Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

Smooth round gel implants should give the look you want- extra high profile or higher filled gels like Inspira or Sientras.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Constricted breast deformity

Dear Bambula,
Your breasts do demonstrate a mild constriction of the breast fold.  This constriction could be released during placement of either type of breast implant, round or anatomic.  Anatomic implants tend to give a better lower pole fullness.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full discussion of your goals,  expectations, options, and risks.  Good luck!

I would recommend a smooth, round silicone "gummy-bear" implant.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Mild Tuberous Breasts.....

You appear to have a mild component of a Tuberous Breast.   This is mild and will not likely be very limiting.   You can have just about any implant style.   As you can tell from the replies, different surgeons have different preferences.   The biggest issue with a tuberous breast is not going too big.  The bigger you go, the more fullness you'll get at the top and the more abnormal your breast will look.  Usually this can be limited by adding a circumareolar lift and release of some of the constricted tissue.  

Tuberous Breast Surgery

You will require scoring of the lower pole if you want to see a broader base to your breast. You can get a nice result with round smooth implants and potentially avoid the problems associated with textured and shaped implants.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Breast augmentation, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In my practice i recommend using - Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover.
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tubular breasts

I would prefer to use cohesive round high profile silicone gel implants using the dual plane technique. Scoring of the lower pectoralis fascia is important as well. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.   You appear to  have some lower pole constriction.  This can be fixed with scoring the constriction bands when placing the implant. The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD