I scraped my nose on concrete and it scabbed and bruised a bit. Will my scar be removed during septorhinoplasty? (Photo)

Will this bruise and potential scar be removed after septorhinoplasty surgery? I'm more worried if this potential scar will be removed.

Can rhinoplasty improve scars?

Thanks for your question. Sorry about your accident. Rhinoplasties are designed to work on a nose's underlying structural framework rather than on the surface. If you needed any revision surface procedures to help scarring, they most likely can be done at the same time. I think, though, based on this photo, that you should heal just fine and not need any scar revision work. Good luck!

College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

A scar of the overlying skin will not be addressed by a septorhinoplasty - something has to be done to the skin itself.  Depending on the situation, it can be done at the same time as the SRP, before or after.

Marcelo Hochman, MD
Charleston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do scars improve with rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty involves alterations of the bone and cartilage of the nose. Most of the time the nasal skin is only surgically separated from the underlying nasal frame. 
A scar of the overlying skin isn't changed. For this in addition to the rhinoplasty a scar revision is required. This may be performed at the same time but most often is done separately following the rhinoplasty. 

Scarring after a bruising injury to the nose.

See a qualified surgeon for evaluation. Most probably you will not have any significant permanent scarring. Treat the bruising under the guidance of your surgeon and expect a very good result in 3 to 6 moths time.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS

Scar revision and septorhinoplasty

A septoplasty and a rhinoplasty  involve cartilage and bone work on the inside of the nose. A septoplasty and rhinoplasty does not involve skin other than just lifting the skin up off the cartilaginous and bony framework and sculpting it. A scar revision would be performed as a secondary procedure either before or after septoplasty and rhinoplasty