What should I do about my breast falling down in my armpit? I need another opinion (Photo)

I have had my breast augemantation for 1.5 month my right boob is falling into my armpit every night when I'm trying to sleep or any time I am lying down .my Dr says I have to wait 6 month to see if I need another surgery or not . I don't want to have another surgery but I also can't live like this . What should I do ?

What should I do about my breast falling down in my armpit?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. You demonstrate your concerns nicely. Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients.  This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant;  it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option. Timing of surgery may vary from one practice to another; in my practice, I also suggest patients allow for the six months to pass before planning additional surgery.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline.    In my practice, I use a 2  layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary)  especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.   
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to this type of revisionary breast surgery concerns), helps.  Best wishes.  

You should probably wait before rushing into another surgery.  If you had a revision, the surgeon may need to do some suturing or other techniques to restrict the motion of that implant.  For the time being, taping the breast in place or sleeping in a well fitted bra may help keep the implant in the right position and correct some of the deformity.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Breast Implant Displacement

Thank you for your question and photos. You will likely need a pocket revision to correct the lateral displacement however I would also advise waiting at least a few more months to ensure that you are completely healed before undergoing additional surgery. In the meantime you could talk to your surgeon about wearing a support bra at night.
All the best

Breast implant in my armpit, what to do?

From the photos, it appears that you have lateral (towards your armpit) displacement of the right implant.  When this occurs, it can be corrected by a revision to the right breast implant pocket to cause the implant to move towards the midline.  Waiting a few more months will allow for more relaxation of the breasts and allow for any other "touch-up" to be done while correcting for the implant displacement.  Good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Pocket issue

You may need a pocket revision. Best to give it a few more months to heal and then reassess with your surgeon.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast implant malposition

it appears that your implant pockets have opened up on the sides which has caused your implants to fall off to the sides when you are lying on your back.  When this happens, it is typically something that develops over a long period of time.  At the time of your surgery, the pocket is opened to very specific dimensions to fit your particular implant and does not extend all the way to the sides.  Pressure from the implant can alter the pocket and cause implant malposition.  Unfortunately, it is doubtful that this will improve over time.  You will likely require surgery to close up the pocket on the sides to prevent the implant from falling off to the sides.  Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

What should I do about my breast falling down in my armpit? I need another opinion

Thanks for your picture and question.  Sorry to hear about your unhappiness with your outcome after a breast augmentation.  It does appear that your implant does fall to the side quite far.  Unfortunately, the only way to truly fix that will be another surgery.  Waiting at least 3-6 months after your initial surgery is best.

Naveen Setty, MD