I have lost my alar crease (right side), what is the best technique to recreate/and or reconstruct it?

It also appears as a scar. I have come across several techniques/options while reading on the subject, which should be great, but just causes further confusion. Please help!? Of the options, please help me choose best option noted below: a) restalyne filler, b) dermabrasion, c) minor alar cartilage, d) scar revision

Alar crease

In order to assess the problem with your alar crease and give some thoughts on correction we really need some photos showing both sides

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. There are several options but without an in-person examination or at least a picture, it is difficult to give accurate advice.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Recreating the alar crease

There a re several ways of trying to restore the normal anatomy of the alar crease. It is essential to perform a proper examination in order to assess your specific needs and discuss what options are realistic in your case. This is not an easy procedure and the outcome varies depending on the cause for the existing loss of the natural crease.

You do have to have a proper consultation and examination in order to get a clearer answer to your question. Best of luck.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Reconstruction, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Hello ;

All of the treatments that you have mentioned above are potential treatments however a proper review of your history and evaluation would be necessary in order to make the proper recommendation.

I recommend you have a few formal consultations with 2-3 plastic surgeons who concentrate on cosmetic surgical procedures.

Thank you.