I already have a very long face, but a weak chin. Chin implant? (photo)

I plan to also get a rhinoplasty in order to improve the appearance of my nose. Is there any way I can make my chin the same length as my bottom lip (make my chin reach my bottom lip) without elongating it? My wish picture is taken from another poster

A genioplasty in your case will help with your goal. The 'fullness' of your tissues is a good sign that you can achieve it in a natural manner. Consult a Maxillofacial surgeon for futher analysis.

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

Your chin can be brought out to the same horizontal position as that of your lower lip. It could be done with an implant or a sliding genioplasty. There are advantages and disadvantages to either chin augmentation technique.

I already have a very long face, but a weak chin. Chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure and a chin implant procedure can both be performed at the same time, which allows one anesthesia and one recovery period. The chin implant can accomplish bringing the chin forward to match the lower lip. Chin implants are a three-dimensional augmentation, and primarily augment the chin forward. In addition, patients also receive additional width and  vertical height.  For  more  information, diagrams of the chin implants and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Chin implant

The face, with the acne scarring, definitely had a receding chin and would benefit from a chin implant. Since there is no front view to see your chin width, you can get a implant, that if needed, can also give your width, in addition to projection.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant?

I think that you are definitely a good candidate for a chin implant or sliding genioplasty. Both procedures will give you a nice improvement in your chin position and facial proportions. The choice of the procedure should be discussed with your surgeon and you can discuss the pros and cons of each. Good luck.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slight chin augmenation.

The relationship between the upper lip, the lower and the chin is essential to beauty of the lower face. If you draw a straight line connecting the most prominent portion of the upper and the lower lips it should touch the most prominent portion of the chin on the profile picture. Otherwise the lower face will look displeasing. From the picture that you have shared with us either you should not have any chin augmentation or it should be done very conservatively. This type of minimal augmentation can even be achieved with fat injection, placing the fat strategically to prevent longer appearance to the face, as you mentioned wisely.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon