Does anyone perform in-office rhinoplasty surgery in Ontario under local anesthesia? (Photos)

I am interested in knowing if anyone does small reductions in office in Ontario. I want more than injectibles. I'd like a tiny reduction at tip (small amount of bulbousness or over-projection?) And possible at base (width). I can almost get the effect I want with my nose with a tiny bit of stretching that redistributes it. I could tolerate the tip reshaping and sutures under local. Otherwise, I simply have to look at an option outside of Canada. 

Rhinoplasty Not A Good Idea Under Local Anesthesia

There is no Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who will perform a rhinoplasty under local anesthesia in their office.  Remember, the time to skimp on money is not when it comes to your face.  Seek a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon skilled in rhinoplasty surgery who will correctly evaluate your nose, create a 3D simulation, and deliver appropriate results in a safe, sterile environment.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your nose would require a standard rhinoplasty which requires lifting the skin first and is less straightforward than you would think. Even though it is the tip, it is not really any less dissection or work than any other rhinoplasty and so general anesthesia or "twilight" in a formal OR are definitiely required. I hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, M.D.

Fellowship Trained Rhinoplasty Specialist

Graduate, Harvard Medical School

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jeffrey Watson, M.D.

Graduate, Harvard Medical School

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty: Best to get it done right the first time

Rhinoplasty surgery results take into account every millimeter of change.  Because every little bit of change makes a difference, it is important that during a rhinoplasty everything is done properly the first time.  Because of this, trying to cut corners with a rhinoplasty and do only a little bit here and there under local anesthesia is may not provide the best result possible.  My recommendation is to seek consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons who perform lots of rhinoplasty surgery and discuss with them your goals as well as your options.

Good luck with your nose shaping journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD