I am going to have the implants removed. Would I need a second lift? (photos)

My first implants were in front of the muscle, they were 500cc double lumin.,I had them for 12 years. I now have saline implants behind the muscle.(the are/were500cc) I had a keyhole lift done at the same time. The implants have bottomed out, one implant has ruptured and the other is leaking. I'm concerned because I feel very little breast tissue, I can only feel the saline bags.

Breast Implant Removal and breast lift

Thank you for your question. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you in person. After your implants are removed you may likely need a breast lift which can be done at the time of your implant removal or at a later date. Best to talk in person with a Board Certified PS.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

You will need a lift

Almost certainly you will need a lift, but I would wait a while after removal of the implants, to let the skin retract and see what the final outcome will be.  

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Breast lift after removing breast implants

Based on your photos I think you will require a lift to reshape the lower part of your breasts.  I think the most efficient time to do this would be at the time you have your implants removed.  If you're reluctant to have the lift again, you could try deflating your implants (having them punctured in the office) or having them removed without a lift and see how they look as they heal, but I think you'll ultimately need skin removed to achieve a nicely shaped breast.

Breast Implants

I recommend you deflate both implants and allow your skin to recover as much as it can from having the implants in place. This can be in your plastic surgeon's office. You will also have the opportunity to live with smaller breasts and get used to it. After 2-3 months, have the implant shells removed and likely a second lift would be recommended to help with the shape of the smaller breasts. Best wishes. 

Implant removal and additional lift?

You may eventually want a lift once the pockets have collapsed down. Best of luck with your surgery.

I am going to have the implants removed. Would I need a second lift?

Based on your photos you will need a lift after the implants are removed.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Need a Lift?

Based on the picture, it is likely that you would benefit from a lift following implant removal.  I recommend you see your plastic surgeon (or if not available, consult with several others) who will examine you in person and discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, based on the photographs, I think that you will benefit from breast lifting  at the time of breast implant removal surgery.  Sometimes, depending on the patient's specific situation, breast lifting is best done at a  second stage.  Best to select your plastic surgeon carefully. Working together you will come up with a good plan.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.