I hit my nose after 4 days of rhinoplasty?

Hello, so I got my rhinoplasty 4 days ago so I am still recovering. I was lying down while I had my laptop on my lap. As I went to get up I closed my laptop and hit the bottom of my nose like the tip and underlying nostril area. Will this affect my end results? What should I do? Thanks

I hit my nose

Thank you for your question.  I always encourage my patients to call if they have any questions or concerns.  This way I can evaluate if there is a need for the patient to come in and see me or my nurse.  Best of luck!  

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and light trauma

If it just grazed youir nose, it is unlikely that you did anything bad to your nose. If you have questions, contact your surgeon.

Bumped nose after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I would definitely recommend consulting with your surgeon so he can perform a physical exam. At 4 days post op, your nose is still quite vulnerable and you may have caused some damage internally that you may not be able to see. It is hard to know if there was any damage cause by the bump until your surgeon evaluates you in person. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon