I recently had a hair transplant, 2 week to be precise. I start work next week. When can I cut hair on the donor area?

Hair cut

It is of great importance to wait 5 months before starting to shave the hair in the recipient area. You may, however, trim the hair with scissors when deemed necessary

When you start shaving, apply gentle pressure to the head and make sure to use the electric shaver gently with a length adapter of #1. It is possible to groom (with scissors) the lateral and posterior parts of the donor area approximately 2 weeks after the surgery. 

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair cut after a hair transplant

You can have a hair cut when all of the crusts are off of the recipient area and the donor area is completely healed. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

When can I trim my donor hair area after hair transplant?

All the scabs have closed and healed by 10 days, and there are minimal limitations on the donor area therefore you can start cutting and even shaving after the first 4 days.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is always a good idea to follow your doctor's directions after surgery. There should be no issues with

It is always a good idea to follow your doctor's directions after surgery.  There should be no issues with respect to cutting you hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Haircut after transplant

It should be fine for you to cut the hair in the donor area at anytime now,particularly if you had an FUE.For the recipient area you should wait another week or 2.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

When I can cut hair on the donor area ?

You can cut -shave your donor area by now. But for shaving the recipient area I advice my patients to complete 6 months . All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon