I have had a gynecomastia revision surgery from my original surgeon but it did not solve the issue. What are my options?

I had my original surgery from one of the top surgeons in Toronto back in 2012 and then my revision in 2015 to remove gland that was left behind. The second surgery was done while I was awake and minimal tissue was removed. I am now worst off after the revision due to scar tissue and the fact that he did not correct the problem. I require a 3rd surgery now but need a doctor that has expertise in revisions. Any suggestions or advice?

Question about Scar Tissue After surgery

First, following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Next, as with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation. With this many revisions it will be difficult to achieve the highest of results, so it is important to be realistic and expect quality more than perfection. Best of luck to you.