Looking for total elimination of ugly submental liposuction scar (Photo)

I had a submental liposuction done in October 2014 to get rid of a double chin and I ended up with a very bad scar that I'm trying my level best to find a scar expert to get rid of it and the remaining submental fat. NOT sure what the best route to go is. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks. Keesh

Fractional Microneedle Resurfacing Can Help To Improve The Surface Tone & Texture Of Scars

First, let me say how sorry I am that you are going through this. I also need to say from the outset that, as of the present, there is no way to completely eliminate a fully mature (over three months old) scar. Having said that, it does appear that the primary problem here is one of color and texture, rather than any depression or elevation. Fractional microneedle resurfacing, using a Dermastamp, would be a simple and relatively inexpensive way of addressing these issues. Vis-a-vis lasers, which will undoubtedly come up when you are researching your problem, I would suggest forgetting the powerful marketing hype that makes them, particularly fraxels, come to mind for treating just about everything these days.  In a recent lecture entitled, “Will Microneedling Replace Lasers?” at the 2016 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) annual meeting in New Orleans. a leading laser expert herself reported that "microneedling is already replacing fractionated lasers..." for use in treating " various scars (from acne, trauma, surgery)." Finally, as to the remaining fat that you wish removed, you would do well to consider having the region treated with Kybella, a fat dissolving injectable, rather than submitting to any more invasive liposuction treatments. For more information on any of these techniques, I suggest you check out the archives of RealSelf.com. Be sure you consult with a board certified aesthetic physician before proceeding. Best of luck. 

Looking for total elimination of ugly submental liposuction scar

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and i am sorry to hear of your liposuction complication.  Your best treatment option is likely to perform serial excisions of the scar tissue to help recruit the normal appearing skin from the sides of your neck until complete removal is obtained.  This will leave you with a longer scar alone the middle of the but would be less noticeable.  Hope this helps.

Scar revision

Hello! From the pictures, it looks as if you may need a scar revision. I suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to learn more about the process. I would also suggest using a medical grade silicone gel such as Bio Corneum, after the revision to help you achieve a better scarring result. 

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Neck improvement

Hello and thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear about your experience. The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation, as your tissue mobility would need be assessed.   I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD