Hit on right side of nose, developed bump. Very painful. HELP (Photo)

I was head butted (accidentally) on the right side of my nose a few days ago (7 weeks post-op). It hurt at the time of the impact and I have since developed a hard ball/bump on the bridge where the hit occurred. Is pain a few days later normal and will the bump go away? Please help

Trauma to nose

It is hard to predict what will happen. If you are concerned, it might be a good idea to see your surgeon.

Bump on nose after impact

I am assuming you are 7 weeks post-op from a rhinoplasty. If you have a new bump after impact in this setting I recommend seeing your surgeon. Without knowing the details of the surgery, and the possible use of structural and camouflage grafts, you may have a broken bone, a displaced piece of cartilage or other issue. Get it checked out because a broken bone can be reset easily if addressed within the first 10 days or so.

Dr.Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumped on nose

It is unclear from your question, but I assume you had a rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago.  You should consult your surgeon so he/she can assess weather there has been a fracture or diplacment of a possible graft or other issue that I cannot address without the operative note and history.  Good luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon