Would a gum lift (gingivectomy) be sufficient to correct my smile? (photos)

Not sure if a gum lift would be sufficient? I feel like my lip goes way up when smiling.

Gummy Smile

There may be slight to no asymmetry in your gingival margins. I would suggest an x-ray evaluation to determine whether a slight amount of gingiva can be reduced without irreversible damage to your roots and bone. Your smile appears to be very pleasing to the eye. My personal recommendation would be to do nothing.

Gummy Smile Correction

Hi there and thank you for your question and images. You have a very good eye for detail. From your pictures I don't see your lips to be excessively stretched when smiling. You have a beautiful smile and your lip looks like it is functioning normal. I do recognize your concern regarding how much gum you show particularly around your very front 6 teeth. This is a very minor procedure that can be done with a laser. The laser allows us to trim a small amount of gum tissue can further enhance your smile by showing more of your teeth and therefore less gum.

Gum lift with Lip Tack procedure

Gum lift would give the image of your front teeth looking longer and would bring out their natural esthetics by enhancing those teeth. It would not allow the lip to be repositioned differently. I would suggest for you to start with that and if still concerned about the position of your lip consider having a "lip tack" procedure to hide the gummy smile further.All the best,

Navid Zamani, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist

Gum lift

from the pictures you have provided, only minimal gingivectomy if any will be needed.  ( this will need to be confirmed by a clinical exam and xrays) 
To limit the movement of your lips and the amount of gum showing you could also look into lip repositioning porocedure  or a less invasive treatment such ad Botox 

Elly Tehrani, DMD, MSD
Toronto Periodontist