Good candidate for buccal fat removal? (Photos)

Hi, I'm 19 years old and my face fat almost looks like it's sagging my face down. I'm about 5'9 and about 150 pounds. I regularly exercise, eat healthy and I have a lean muscular body but there is fat stored only in my face due to genetics. I want to know if I'm a good candidate that can achieve a slimmer face from buccal fat removal. I will not have any regrets in the future. It does not appear youthful but rather looks as if my face is droopy. With a combo of acne, it is not attractive.

Buccal fat reduction

Very common question.  You are tall and slim.  so increasing the definition of your cheeks will help improve how masculine your face looks.  I would also recommend a chin implant to help improve the jawline.  There are a variety of things that we look at when we are analyzing the face that will determine what sorts of procedure you would be a good candidate for.  I recommend you seek someone in your consultations who is comfortable with these procedures! Best of luck.

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for buccal fat removal? = it depends if you have good cheek bone structure #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face. 

Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are: 

• Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal  
  • Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must. (most models with chiseled face have  are "skinny" and therefore have a BMI in the low normal range) 
  • Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like voluma or cheek implants  

Patients interested in determining if buccal fat removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

John Mesa, MD

Buccal fat resection?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.

Yes, I think your idea is a good one. You are tall and slim but have full cheeks. Reduction of the buccal fat will give you more definition of the face and a nice improvement.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS