Full, perky breasts without scars/nipple work? (Photo)

Hello all, I'm a 30 year old female with no children. As I lose more weight, my breasts are "deflating" and I am unhappy with how they look. I've seen women who have augmentations and implants that leave visible scars (lollipop/nipple) that look unsightly. I wonder if large implant alone would give me the look I'm looking for. Thank you

When is a mastopexy needed?

You would get an ideal shape with a mastopexy and an implant, but at the expense of incisions on your breast. 

A larger implant will not lift your nipple to a better position, but will, at best, centre your nipple on a larger, lower breast mound. Though not ideal, some patients are happier to have that then the incisions of a lift. 

You should see a Plastic Surgeon who can understand what you are trying to achieve to help guide your decision 

Full, perky breasts without scars/nipple work?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, you will need a lift, to get rid of extra skin, add volume, and get better shape, I recommend you to consult a board certified plastic surgeon that can help get the appearance that you wish. Depending on the technique used by the surgeon and how your skin heals there may be scars.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Augmentation or lift?

The best thing to answer this question is an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Your story is not uncommon, and the "right" answer depends on a number of factors including how much breast tissue you have left, the quality of your skin, and what size you want to be when we're finished.  It appears you'd do well with a shaped implant (and perhaps a small amount of fat grafting around it), but that would very much depend on the other factors mentioned above.

Also, your nipples appear to be slightly low on your breast and may benefit from a small "donut" lift.

Again, though, all of that depends on your desires and the discussion you have with the surgeon you choose.

Good luck!

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Full, perky breasts

Thank you for your question.  Your nipples are toward the bottom of your breasts and the areolas are at the very bottom of your breasts.  In order to have perky breasts, the nipples would have to be raised to sit in the middle, most projecting part and this will not happen without an incision at least around the areolas.  In order to achieve more fullness, an implant would be required for additional volume.  I recommend consulting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Breast lift versus large implant

Great question and one that is often asked.  There are a few ways to look at this.  The first is considering shape versus size.  For example, if you want breasts that are comparable to your breasts in size but perkier then a lift will be needed.  If, on the other hand, you want to avoid an incision around the areola at all cost, then volume is the only other option and choosing an implant that will give you both lower pole and upper pole volume will require a larger implant then perhaps you would have chosen if a lift was also considered.

Good luck with your breast shaping journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Possible

this can easily be determined with an in person consultation. If appears you have some nipple ptosis, with only mild ptosis you can achieve what you are looking for without the scars of a lift(with the right surgeon).

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a breast lift. Your nipple sits below the inframammary fold and without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I appreciate your concern regarding scarring. The photos you provided aren't really adequate to make any determinations regarding lift or no lift. If you stand in front of a mirror with arms at your sides and a ruler in the fold of the breast and the nipple is higher than the top edge of the ruler, chances are you can have implants without a lift. But if the nipple is lower than the top edge of the ruler it will take a lift to create an attractive shape. But better yet, why not go see an experienced surgeon for consultation and then you will have your answer. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Nipple Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. Implants alone can provide a fuller, filled out look. This is often sufficient for women who do not want/expect a high, tight and perky breast. The best way for you to determine the options which suit your needs is to meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person and discuss your goals. They will examine you and provide options. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office and get an idea of how they will look.

All the best

Full, perky breasts without scars/nipple work

An implant alone will just give you a larger version of what you have now. Many women think that would look fine and natural. If you are looking for a larger and perky breast mound higher on your chest, a lift will be required in addition.

Julio Garcia, MD