Do I need a full Gynecomastia excision or would lipo work? What type of lipo/abdominoplasty would best suit my case? (photos)

I'm looking to get abdominoplasty to address some sagging skin on my belly. As part of this I'm thinking I should address my gynecomastia to square-off my chest muscles. I'm wondering: (1) Based on my photos do you think excision would be required to address the gyno or would lipo suffice? (2) Can a gynecosmastia be performed at the same time as the abdominoplasty? (3) Will abdominoplasty + lipo help to reveal my underlying ab muscles? And what form of lipo (trad'l, vaser, laser) would be best?

Male Breast Reduction

It’s hard to give the best answer without an in-person evaluation. From what I can see, a male breast reduction might not be the best procedure for you as there is not an excessive of breast tissue. If needed, you can perform two procedures at once. I recommend booking a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon you trust to further discuss your goals.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a full Gynecomastia excision or would lipo work?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend an in person consultation to properly address your concerns. If it is gynecomastia you will need to excise the gland. Please seek an experienced Plastic Surgeon

You need mainly excision of the gland

Excision of the gland is the most importent part of gynecomastia surgery,therefor the right surgeon with experience with this type of surgery is important.Don't compromise  

You need mainly excision of the gland

Chest Contouring

You should have a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, understand what your goals are and see if surgery is a reasonable option. 

From your pictures, it appears that you have excess skin on your lateral chest and abdomen. I am not sure if there is actual gynecomastic breast tissue to remove. 

Generally, one needs a very low body fat percentage for abdominal muscle definition to show. 

Proceed very cautiously, as you may be disappointed with excisional procedures. 

Chest Contouring

Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques Combined with Abdominoplasty

It is very common to combine a male breast reduction with #abdominoplasty  or a #tummy tuck. There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. 

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor may recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the techniques best suited for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Weight loss?

Did you undergo a lot of weight loss?  It looks more like loose skin than anything else, but an exam would be helpful.

Weight loss?

Gynecomastia

I reviewed your photos. I am not certain that you have gynecomastia. It appears that you have a lot of skin with poor elasticity which is typically the case after significant weight loss. Without an examination I cannot tell if there is any abnormal tissue in the breast region.

Gynecomastia

Not sure you're a candidate for either of these procedures.

Looking at the photos, your chest muscle looks quite prominent (good job working on pec strength), but I don't see much in the way of excess breast tissue (gynecomastia) or fat.  As such, surgery to correct either of those problems doesn't seem to be very beneficial.

Likewise for your abdomen:  you are quite thin and there isn't much excess skin. Both liposuction and an abdominoplasty wouldn't help much.

Since photos don't always tell the story, you should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon, and see what he or she has to say.  They may be able to detect more issues than you photos are revealing, but be very careful not to be too aggressive in treating what may well be small problems.

Best of luck.

Best of luck.