Fixed retainer post braces when overbite still exists?

I really want a fixed retainer vs removable. My Ortho doesn't recommend fixed retainers on anyone and is reluctant to apply one. Could my overbite be an issue with the top fixed retainer? Is it possible to wear a fixed retainer on the top with comfort when an overbite exists? I'm concerned my bottom teeth will hit the wire.

Can be done! Talk to your orthodontist

Congrats on your new smile and good question! Its usually quite ok to have a fixed wire retainer for top and bottom teeth even with your overbite. In my experience a good dental lab can always find space for that wire!

Mississauga Dentist