Feeling very discouraged with results after tumescent lipo! Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello all, I had tumescent lipo of the upper & lower abdomen, flanks, bra roll & inner thigh 17 days ago. I am wondering whether there is a problem. My thighs still rub together, I still see a small roll on my back (and it does not look like he touched the top of the bra line at all). Worst of all, I have 2 lumps on my stomach - one above the belly button, then a bigger one in the lower stomach - it looks worse than before! I have also not lost 1 lb. Does this seem normal? Should I be concerned?

Liposuction recovery

Thanks for your question.  You need to keep in mind that 17 days post operative is not a long time.  Liposuction can take up to a year for all of the swelling to subside.  Give yourself the time you need to heal.  You will notice that swelling gradually goes down and before you know it, you will be noticing a difference.  It does take time however. If you do have a concern, contact your plastic surgeon.

You are very early in your healing and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside and the tissues settle. Please follow all your post operative instructions, and discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon. Your healing time is up to 6 months.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. I suggest consulting with your physician if you have further concerns. a vaser hi definition revision may be needed. Best, Dr. Emer

Lipo results at 17 days

At 17 days out, you are very early in the healing process. You are likely very swollen and it may take about 6-8 weeks for a lot of the swelling to subside, but there may be residual swelling for 6 months or longer.