Feeling discouraged; BA and BL done September 2nd. Still have open wounds on nipples, the shape is very square ? (photo)

I am feeling VERY discouraged. My left breast is looking very shelf like underneath (not sure if it's the way its stitched) but it's not smooth and round, it's lifted away from my body with a weird lip; that same breast is not very full on the outside. They are snoopy looking from the side and very very square. It's hard to see how I can go from hating them to liking them? what can I anticipate for change? I feel like a revision is already in my future :( I feel very sad.

Discouraged after breast augmentation and lift

Dear CCG_83,

Thank you for your clinical post and photographs. Breast augmentation and breast lift was performed only 1.5 months ago. You are still in the early phases of healing. The breasts themselves will continue to settle and the scars will improve. The implants will tend to stretch out the bottom pole and round out the square shape that you were concerned about. The periareolar and inframammary scars will eventually fade and many plastic surgeons offer laser treatments as part of the post-operative care. Once the small open T-point incisions close silicone gel strips followed by intense pulsed light or pulse dye treatments can fade the redness. Fractional lasers can smoothen out the texture and over 12 months generally most patients are extremely happy. At this point in time careful follow-up with your plastic surgeon and his nursing team is important. I’m sure you’ll end up with an excellent aesthetic result. Fortunately, enhancement or revision surgery is rare, but if required will often take a good result and make it even better.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

For more information, please review the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

REvision breast lift/ augmentation

While a revision may be required you must allow proper time for healing at this point. More information is needed regarding the surgery including type of lift, type and size of implant. 

Recovery takes time, things can look strange initially

You are 1.5 months after your surgery.  This is still an early stage of your healing and your breasts will go through more changes.  Open wounds/delayed healing can cause frustration but will eventually heal.  Your plastic surgeon should be aware and may arrange for wound care.  If you have implants, it's important that the open wounds do not lead to an infection that could lead to the implants being infected.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

It is common to have different women's implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. So does the skill of your plastic surgeon, size of breast implants, saline and silicone settle differently, skin quality and activity levels. You are still early so give it some more time. It may take 2-4 months to really see where you are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Breast Augmentation

Early post-op

At this stage, you are very early post-op, but yes you may eventually need a revision. Best to give it 4-6 months to heal first.

Discouraged

From the look of your photos, this early in the healing process it's hard to tell whether or not a revision will be necessary. I would have you wait at least three months prior to doing anything in the way of a revision. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and get their input as to whether this is the best that can be achieved. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Feeling discouraged; BA and BL done September 2nd. Still have open wounds on nipples, the shape is very square ?

Must allow healing for next 3 months than consider revision with other boarded PS.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>