Fat/Filler injections to clavicle/upper chest/neck area?

I am only 29 years old but due to an almost decade long eating disorder, the upper part of my chest has completely thinned out and there is no fat there anymore, even though I've been eating very large portions (aprox. 2000 calories) for 5 years. My entire upper chest is bony, hollow, and you can even see my veins and neck bands-yuck. Is there any way to fill in the chest/neck/shoulder area so that I don't look so emaciated and old?

Doctor Answers 1

Fat or filler injections to upper body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately eating disorders do a great deal of damage to our bodies, especially during developmental years. While filler or fat transfers would be "off label" in this area, it may be of value to you, but it could also cost you a great deal of money, and continual money to maintain it. The additional concern would be where to harvest the fat from in your body. So, I would recommend you make some appointments with several board-certified doctors in your area to discuss potential treatment options for you. Your best solution really may be to just maintain a healthy diet for longer - the body has a way of rebuilding but it does take time.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.