Fat or breast tissue in the axillary/lat area? I have 10 year old low profile 350cc sub gland placement. 'Gummy Bear' (Photos)

Since my implantation, I have had a baby and gained a substantial Amt of weight. I have huge fatty deposits in my armpit area. I'm sure its breastissue as it engorged when breastfeeding. I also have fatty side boob 'roll'. What will be the cost to remove implants and exise this area? I believe the low profile implants were too wide for my chest. The diameter of both implants together was more that width of ribcage initially which perhaps caused some structural issues in this area possibly??

Breast or fat

It might be breast tissue and it may be fatty tissue. You would have to be examined in person. Sometimes the best approach is a direct excision.

Fullness in a woman's underarm area is commonly the axillary tail of the breast, mixed with fatty deposit

Fullness in the front of the underarm area, in ladies, is often breast tissue often referred to as "the axillary tail" of the breast - or accessory breast glands.  It follows the embryological line of the lactation system in mammals.  That fullness tend to swell with each mentrual cycle - and pregnancy - and is commonly tender once a month.  It is usually a combination of breast tissue and fat.  It is treated with a combination of liposuction and direct removal of the accessory gland and the incision is usually within the underarm area, hidden.

One should however rule out any masses or the unlikely yet possible implant rupture and siliconomas.

It would be possible to also do the implant exchange at the same time and properly measure your breasts' "footprint" or diameter and chose the appropriate implants.  If you plan to go smaller, a breast lift might be required (mastopexy).

Visit your plastic surgeon who will have a better idea of the plan once he/she examines you.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Aeshtetic and Breast Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

Extra fat in the axilla and side breast

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the side breast fat and excision and liposuction of the axillary fat and breast tissue this could be done with small incisions to minimize scarring. 

Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine the best option for you. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS