Do I have enough fat for a Brazilian butt lift? (Photos)

I'm 5'5 and a half, and I weigh 134lbs. Does it look like I have enough fat for a BBL? I know a consultation would be key, but just thought I'd post here first :)

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a BBL. This procedure with help contour your abdomen and flanks with liposuction. The fat would be centrifuged and then re-injected into your buttock to give you a more aesthetic shape. Keep in mind that 60% of the fat lives forever, so if you wish to have a more dramatic result, you may consider gluteal implants. That said, you'll need to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for exact recommendations. 

Dr Kayser

thank you for your question. You have enough fat to transfer but the end result may not be as large as what you are looking for. The concept of a Brazilian butt lift is not only about adding volume to the buttock but shaping it as well. This of course means removing fat from the adjacent areas that help to give a larger proportion to the contour of the buttocks. This can vary of course from patient to patient and the amount of fat that is available. In any case, I would recommend a consultation with the board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the concepts of fat transfer. Please feel free to view the extensive webpage on fat transfer on the attached link to my website and also the accompanying video. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Are you a candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?

It really takes a detailed examination to answer this question. The amount of fat that is harvested is vital in producing certain results. You need to talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if your expectations could be met with the amount of fat you could donate.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

While nothing beats an actual physical examination, the photos suggest that you would be a very good candidate for the BBL. I have performed many BBLs with what appears to be your body types. 

George Lefkovits, MD

You would have to be seen in person to determine if you have enough fat for a BBL. Best of luck moving forward.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Lipo + BBL

Hello thanks for sharing your photos and case with us, in your case you can have a liposuction with bbl, taking first the fat of your abdominal area , and second of your back area to collect more fat to transfer. Have a nice day!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not as it is hard to determine from these photographs if you have adequate amount of fat to achieve your cosmetic goals. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL. you do have enough for a moderate augmentation

Thank you for your question.   A Brazilian Butt Lift   Is a good proceeded for those patients who are trying obtain an augmentation of the central and outer area of the buttock superiorly.  Usually in this procedure liposuction of other areas of her body is necessary to remove the desire fat to be able to injected or "grafted" into the buttocks.  To be able to be a candidate for a Brazilian but lift he must accomplish 3 things:

1-   You need to be able to have enough fat deposits in other areas of your body for a successful transfer.  The volume can range anywhere from 500cc-1000cc.
2- You need to have realistic expectations and make sure you have a good communication with your board certified plastic surgeon.
3- Identify a surgeon who has done several of this procedures and can deliver a consistent result.

Do you have enough fat for a BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.