Would I have enough fat for a Brazilian butt lift?

I know in a brazillian butt lift procedure they take fat from another part of your body and inject it into your bum. However, I'm not sure if I would have enough fat for this procedure? I'm 5'8 and 120lbs, so I'm almost underweight. Would they be able to take fat from the thighs instead of the stomach? I have quite a bit of fat on my thighs. Thank you so much.

Enough fat for BBL

Thanks for your question.  The best way to get an accurate answer about whether or not you have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift is to seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can conduct a physical examination.  This also depends on the size you want to end up with for your buttocks.  If you do not have much fat, then the increase will not be that much.  Typically, the thigh area does not have a lot of fat to use for this which is why it is preferable to use fat from the stomach, flanks, or the back.  Best of luck!

BBL

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, a board certified plastic surgeon might be able to find enough fat from a couple areas on your body for a BBL. You might also consider gluteal implants if there isn't enough fat present. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring. The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a Brazilian butt lift. Fat from thighs can be used for a Brazilian butt lift, although it will determine how much fat is present. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

BBL in Thin Women

Without an examination much less a set of good quality photographs, no one can give you any specific advice. 
A BBL involves LipoSculpting of the lower back and around the buttocks to create two sexy, round hemispheres and a sharp distinction between the lower back and the buttocks. The buttocks are then augmented with an appropriate amount of fat to suite yiur goals as dictated by your anatomy. 
In cases of thin women, you may not have a large amount of disposable fat to create a mega-booty but nonetheless most thin women can get a nice result with BBL and a definite improvement. 

Peter A. Aldea. MD
Memphis, TN

BBL

While one can take fat from almost any area, if you are that thin you m right not have much to harvest from your thighs.