Would a facelift help even out my face? (Photo)

The right side of my face droops quite a bit. I was in a car crash as an infant thus the scars and asymmetry. When I pinch my cheeks up, my lips and everything look perfectly in place. Is this the effect that a facelift would have? Would a facelift (I hear deep plane) help my situation? If not what are my options?

Deep plane facelift for facial asymmetry

It seems that your mid and upper face appear more symmetric than your lower face. While the scars may be affecting the symmetry, it can also be caused by volume loss. Do you have any weakness of any area of your facial movements or smile? A facelift can help to tighten certain areas of the face, and in some patients an asymmetric facelift (performed on both sides but with slightly different pull and direction) can help improve symmetry. It would be necessary to see you in person to assess your nerve function, your scarred areas, and your asymmetry from various angles.
Please consult a board-certified surgeon!
Dr. Peng

Facial asymmetry

From the photo that you provide, it appears that the asymmetry occurs as a result of skeletal asymmetry and thus the muscles and tissue above appear differently on the surface. You can achieve a better symmetry with the use of facial implants or fillers to balance the other side.

Lesley Rabach, MD

Skeletal asymmetry, Facial hypoplasia

No.Your greatest improvement would be from balancing the facial skeleton. This can be done with injectable fillers, augmentation with an implant or the addition of volume with autologous fat. A facelift can sometime accentuate asymmetries. Your right cheek bone is not as strong and the best permanent solution with be cheek augmentation. This can be done in conjunction with a facelift but I would encourage you to correct the symmetry rather than tighten the skin.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmmetry

It is difficult to determine for certain from your photos but it appears you have some depressions in the lower face that might benefit from filling. I would have to see your face in person to know for certain. 
Hope that helps and best wishes,
Dr. Donath

Alexander Donath, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep Plane Facelift vs. Facial Reanimation

Thank you for your question about possible deep plane facelift.  More information and more pictures are needed.

In general, yes, facial asymmetry like yours can be improved with a hemi facelift or some type of facial suspension or facial animation procedure.

To be sure what might best suit your needs, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons or facial plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have facelift surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Facelift versus scar revision

It is important to realize what is distracting the beauty of the face.  In your case it is not the asymmetry but the scars.  It is important to take care of the scars on the right chin.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a facelift help me?

Hi Vanak,

It is really hard to tell if a facelift would help your situation by looking at one photograph. You need to be assessed in person ir order to fully see what can be offered. One has to see how your face behaves in animation and in different positions and angles. There may be other, less drastic, options that could help you as well. Good luck.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon