Can someone explain exactly why the process for PRP A-cell on hair takes 4+ months to work?

Very curious about the science behind this treatment

4 months to work, PRP? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

I agree with Dr. Donovan in his explanation of the process and rerowth timing.  However, I have seen hair shedding decrease in 1 to 3 months in patients with active androgenic alopecia on PRP.  

PRPHAIRMD.COM 

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Why does PRP take 4 months to work?

In genetic hair loss, many hair follicles are sleeping and many are not growing but rather shedding. Sleeping follicles are in a phase of the hair cycle called kenogen and the shedding ones are in a phase called telogen. Those hairs "think" they are supposed to shed and supposed to sleep. Now with PRP, a signal is given to wake them up and millions of new molecules and proteins need to be made for those hairs to perform differently - that takes time. Minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, laser, PRP, rosemary, essential oils, ketoconazole, etc- everything used as a treatment for genetic hair loss takes 6-9 months (sometimes less, sometimes more).

I explain this concept to my patients using the following analogy. Suppose you are sitting in your living room and the front doorbell rings. You might get to the door in a matter of seconds. Now suppose you are in a deep sleep and your doorbell rings - it's going to take you a while to get to that front door. First you need to wake up from your sleep, figure out what this noise is, coordinate which side of the bed to get out on and figure out where the doors are without hitting the walls. You might even need to put on some clothes. It takes time.  The second situation is similar to androgenetic alopecia.