Are my expectations for a bulbous nose rhinoplasty realistic? (Photos)

My nose looks like it has a ball on the end of it. I can move the tip of my nose around, I think there is lots of cartilage there. I would also like it to have a bit of a slope. Are my photo edits realistic? I know I cant have it too slim because my face has soft features. I am 21.

Correcting a Bulbous Nose Tip

Correcting your bulbous nose tip is actually a straight forward procedure but I would think you would get a much better result if the nose was slightly shorter and closer to the place of the face. The nose would be s more proportionate and shapelier nose. It is important that you consult with experienced Plastic surgeons who will explain to you how to best achieve your goals. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea 
Memphis, TN

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic?

You can achieve significant improvement with rhinoplasty surgery including refinement of your large wide nasal tip. It is difficult to evaluate skin thickness in pictures like these but this will be evaluated during consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist.

Yes, it is possible to get close to your tip morphed images, but one can not guarantee it.  Be prepared to be swollen for quite some time after surgery.

Tip rhinoplasty will help you

You will need rhinoplasty of your nasal tip. Sometimes slight nasal bridge work also needs to be done for a harmonious outcome. Real surgery is somewhat different than photo edits. Your surgeon will be able to give you a more realistic idea about your expected outcome from surgery.  Do not depend on edits, imagers and simulations. Faces do not follow those rules.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I a candidate for a rhinoplasty?

Based on you pictures, I would say a full rhinoplasty would serve you well.  This would include work on the tip to make it less bulbous. The nose is a 3-dimensional object, and pictures relate 2 dimensions at a time, so the exact plan can only be determined by an in-pereson consultation with a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. But you should have a nice result.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Are my expectations for a bulbous nose rhinoplasty realistic?

Based on the photos you submitted you appear to be a very good candidate for a good improvement from a rhinoplasty.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your posted photos- I strongly believe you have the potential a very elegant nose. I would utilize the closed Rhinoplasty technique. There is no reason in my opinion for the open technique/ or a scar across your columella. In the hands of a Board Certified PS with a commitment to Rhinoplasty - you should be able to get a great result. 

Realistic rhinoplasty results

The digital imaging that has been performed does appear realistic.  It is important to seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon with extensive experience to get these type of results, because rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedure to perform in the entire field of cosmetic surgery.  In addition, computer imaging can be performed in the office setting to get an even better idea of what can be accomplished with the procedure.  To reduce the bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the nasal tip cartilages.  For more information about bulbous tip reduction and many before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

Your analysis of the your nose is very good.  Assessing your nose in person will be the best way to determine what is really possible, however given your photos and your description the results you are after are should be highly achievable.  Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon/facial plastic surgeon for  in your area for best results.   

Hope this is helpful