Can I expect nice results with tuberous breasts? (photos)

Hi doctors. I am very depressed can I expect nice results with what I've got? Will I be able to have nice full shaped breasts or am I doomed to a wonky shape with no cleavage?.will I be able to have some cleavage even though they're spaced out sort of far or will the implant fill it in a little more to give it a nice shape?. Would a fat transfer be possible? Last question is would I be able to get a nice result from simply a breast lift? If I pull them up they look better . Thank you.

You are a good candidate for breast augmentation . You have a mild degree of tuberous breast deformity so you should get a nice result as long as the lower pole is adequately released

Augmentation with some breast tuberosity

Push your breasts together. That is your true cleavage point. You cannot do anything about your breast plate width (sternum). You should pick an implant that defines your breast and your cleavage. The diameter of the implant is more crtical than the volume to get your best look. Because you have small breasts the implant will define your breast size and shape. You have some tubular component but far from the worst I've seen. I think a lot of that deformity will be taken care of by the implant. Some of the constricture may be released internally at the time of the augmentation. You may also want to consider a small crescent mastopexy.

Talmage Raine MD FACS 

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The critical maneuver in your breasts is to release the constriction bands in your lower pole.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous breast augmentation & mastopexy , Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Hello ; 

Based on your concerns and the photos you have submitted you would benefit from a tear drop breast augmentation with scoring of the lower breast poles as well as a periareolar mastopexy.

These would help you achieve more cleavage, more fullness in the lower poles, lifted nipples as well a reduction in your enlarged areolas.

A comprehensive examination and evaluation would be necessary for more in depth recommendations .

Please feel free to view our "breast enhancement " photo gallery attached below where you will find many patients with breasts similar to yours.

Thank you

Tuberous breasts

A lift alone will not address the fundamental problem with tuberous breasts. Typically, this shape is caused by a constriction of the base and mostly lower pole of the breast. The breast tissue must be divided from the inside to release and expand the tight tissues, and then an implant is placed to fill out the space. Additionally, if there is herniation of the areola (protrusion), then a doughnut mastopexy is done to push it back inward. From the photos, this is not needed for your case. Cleavage will be improved, but it won't be ideal. This can be accomplished more with a push up bra.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

If your desired outcome is larger, fuller breasts then you would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation. You most likely need some of the tension released in your lower pole which is causing the flatness and tuberous appearance in that area then have an implant placed to increase the size of your breasts. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your breasts performed and at that point the surgeon will give you their recommendations. At my practice, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural. Additionally, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast surgery

An operation including release of the constricted tissue and placement of a wide-based implant should give you a very nice result.  Implant does not need to be large.

Michael Kreidstein, MD