I'm going to europe for 5 weeks and wanted to get sculptra done, Is it too little time to achieve the desired results?

I'm going to europe for 5 weeks and wanted to get sculptra done for the lost volume in my face.. how many treatments can I get done during that time? Is it too little time to achieve the desired results? How long between treatments do I need to wait?

Sculpture treatment and timeframe

Sculptra is a collagen stimulating filler and so it takes some time to see the results of Sculptra treatment. That being said, Sculptra is a great treatment option for panfacial rejuvenation. It is a volumizing filler, not a wrinkle filler. Typically, most Sculptra patients require 2-3 treatment sessions, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Patients see some collagen production as soon as 4-6 weeks after each treatment session. The best results are seen a few months after treatment. If you expect shorter term results, then I would consider hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma, or Restylane. You could also combine hyaluronic acid based filler with Sculptra to get both a short term and long term results. 

Is 5 weeks too little time to achieve my desired results with Sculptra?

Thank you for sharing your question.  As a collagen stimulator Sculptra takes weeks to have its effects in the face, with treatment sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart.  As a result if you want immediate improvement it would be best to pursue hyaluronic acid filler use, such as Voluma and Juvederm.  Hope this helps.

Sculptra timeframe

Sculptra provides volume by creating collagen.  Generally, the process is undertaken over several sessions depending on the amount of volume needed.  In a month there is some improvement, but best improvements are a few months after completion.  If you have a short time frame, a combination of sculptra and other fillers like voluma, restylane, juvederm etc might provide a more effective result for your vacation.  Seek out an expert in facial injectables and have an open discussion about your short-term and long-term goals.  Best of luck and have fun on your vacation.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Can make a start

So sculptra ideally needs 2 to three treatments 4-6 weeks apart. This means you could have the first two and then the third after you get back. Nothing will be lost by doing it this way. 

One thing to mention however is that sculptra can cause a transient inflammatory reaction. In the cheeks this can cause eye bag puffiness for a few weeks and is obvious if there is any eyebag excess. You may want to bear this in mind before your trip.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Sculptra®, as a collagen-stimulant filler, typically takes 4-6 weeks to achieve its full results. Treatments are typically spaced 2-3 months apart.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Sculptra takes 3 treatments for final results

It takes 3 treatments and about 3 months after the last treatment to see the end results from Sculptra. So the 5 weeks in inadequate. HA fillers or Bellafill will give the immediate result you are looking for. You can do both at the same time and then get short and long term results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra Treatments

Sculptra may not be the best option if you want immediate results.  It can take up to 2 sessions before you start to see any improvement. It may make more sense to go with a hyaluronic acid filler where you will see immediate improvement and then you can consider Sculptra once you get back

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician