Ethnic rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Not really a question but I am looking for a doctor that specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty .. A doctor inside of Ontario is it possible to obtain this look I have slight Asian features especially my eyes

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Hello. Thank you for your question. You should seek consultation with many board-certified surgeons in your area who have had extensive experience in rhinoplasty. It is important that you feel 100% comfortable and certain when deciding the best surgeon for your specific goals and needs. I wish you the best of luck on your research!

Peter Newen, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear daniellaktaylor, If you find a surgeon who is an expert in rhinoplasty then most likely they will have expertise in ethnic rhinoplasty as the majority of the procedures that we perform as rhinoplasty specialists are ethnic rhinoplasty procedures. I would suggest  since you are on realself now that this is a great place to start your search for a  specialist. Find some expert surgeons and read their reviews if a large portion of their reviews are regarding nasal surgery then the surgeon likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Once you have narrowed down some expert  surgeons then set some consultation appointments. Digital imaging may be available where the surgeon can show you the proposed aesthetic result. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs especially noses similar to your own so you can ensure the surgeon provides natural looking ethnic rhinoplasty results. Once you have determined the desired nose then the surgeon will discuss at length the techniques that will be used to attain your desired nose. After these steps you should be very informed and you will find a surgeon and office staff that you feel comfortable with and then you can make an informed decision.  See some examples of ethnic rhinoplasty results in the link below and the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Ethnic rhinoplasty

look for a surgeon who has extensive experience in rhinoplasty and there's a pretty good likelihood that they've done  lots of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures. It's also important to have specific goals in mind and what changes you're trying to accomplish with your nose. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand but can and cannot be accomplished.  Thick skin in the tip of theno Nose will be a significant impediment in that area to getting refinement.

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Usually by ethnic patients refer to African American Rhinoplasty. There is also Asian or Latin or Middle eastern rhinoplasties which are ethnic as well. I have been fortunate to have a lot of experience with African American Rhinoplasty. It can be hard to find a surgeon who specializes in this subset but most good rhinoplasty surgeons can easily handle an ethnic nose. RegardsDr. Janjua

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Hello Daniella,The importance of performing ethnic rhinoplasty is to correct and improve on the things that bother the patient, but yet maintain the ethnic characteristics that define that person. The cahnges that I believe you are seeking are definitely achievable, but a proper consultation is required to fully assess what your needs are and what can be realistically done. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD