Does Embrace Scar Therapy work on a benelli scar around the areola?

I had smaller areolas to begin with but they were reduced slightly with a permanent goretex suture. Will embrace scar therapy be useful at taking off the tension to prevent a stretched scar? Or am I out of luck because it's round and best to stick with paper tape? I appreciate any response or opinion!

Embrace for round incisions

Unfortunately, Embrace will not work for your specific application.  It's for straight-line and slightly curved scars.  They don't yet have one for circular incisions, like  your benelli scar.  Best to use another silicone-based product instead.

Designed for linear scars.

Thanks for your question. Embrace is better when used on linear or straight incisions and not specifically for round incisions. However, we cove the round areola incisions with the anchor and vertical lifts. It seems to help that area as well. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Scars on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

Often lasers and microneedling are needed for best results.  However, silicone based scar gels help ... i like dermaflage for daily treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Benneli scar on the breast

Circular scars around the areola are prone to widening. I would use a combination of steri strips, Plato's Scar Serum, and reduction of tension around the line. Lasers may be used in the near future. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS