What's the most effective procedure for fat under the chin? (Photos)

What is the most effective procedure for fat under the chin and what would be the price range for such procedure?

Best procedure for fat under the chin

The best procedure to treat submental fat is a conservative liposuction. Having said that, after looking at your photos I would have to properly examine you and see if this is indeed the problem in your case. Sometimes, most of the fat deposit is underneath the platysma muscle and this would be best dealt with via a submentoplasty. I hope this helps.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction, Kybella or Cool Mini

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the chin and neck. This procedure will reduce stubborn fat that is oftentimes hereditary. If you do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure, you might consider Kybella (which is a series of injections to the submental area that reduces fat) or the CoolMini (freezes fat, also requires several treatments). Make sure you have a consultation with a  board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Fat under chin

It is difficult to say the best option without an examination and discussion.  From the photos you look to be a possible candidate for liposuction or Kybella. Liposuction is a minor but still a surgical procedure. Kybella is an injection FDA approved for exactly this indication. The Cool Mini procedure is also a possibility but usually needs more fat than what appears in your photo to be effective.  Consult with a surgeon experienced in all of these treatments to get the best recommendation for yourself.

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Most effective treatment for submental fat?

On exam one can easily determine if you have subcutaneous fat (pinchable between the fingers) or subplatysmal fat which is above the muscle and requires a small open surgical procedure.  If you are a good candidate for liposuction the procedure is brief and very effective and long-lasting also stimulating some skin contraction in that area.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon for a face-to-face evaluation and recommendations.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lipo

The gold standard for your problem is liposuction.  Other options available are kybella, profound, cool sculpt or many of the other non surgical modalities available for fat reduction, however, liposuction is much more effective, consistent and guaranteed results which other modalities don't have.  Recovery from liposuction is also very easy.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Liposuction for fatty deposits underneath the neck

When patients have significant fatty deposits underneath the neck, and are at their ideal body weight, liposuction can accomplish removal of the fatty deposits underneath the chin. This will  improve the jawline. For more information many examples, please see the link and the video below

Neck liposuction may be considered for reducing a double chin, and improving a jawline.

Based on RealSelf data 10/08/2016, the fee for neck liposuction on average is $3,000, and has a 96% Worth-It rating from 142 reviews. When there is exercise resistant neck fat, we prefer liposuction over Kybella treatments. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Best Results Are Always Worth It

I find that VASER/ThermiRF combination are best for contouring in those who are candidates but kybella can be used as an alternative. Cost will vary. Get a formal consultation you may be a candidate for a neck lift and need appropriate evaluation to determine what is best.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What's the most effective procedure for fat under the chin?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants and liposuction for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is very minimal fat below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  The same incision is used for liposuction and/or excess skin removal from under the chin.  Liposuction is the most effective method of fat removal and "far" more effective than topical treatments or injections to dissolve the fat.

Hope this helps.