Doxycycline 200mg a day, dermatologist didn't give me any instruction?

20 years old male, east asian descent. Have acne since 15 years old. Seen a dermatologist and prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate 100MG without instruction on what the treatment plan is. He prescribed it for 30 days, twice daily. What should I do? Reducing dose after 30 days or only rely on topical treatments? staffs are non-responsive and impossible to schedule follow up appointment with the derm.

Thanks for your query. The advisable dosage of Doxycycline is 200 mg daily. It can be taken for 1-2 months, depending upon the severity of acne. Just oral medication is not enough for acne, oral as well as topical is required for clearing acne. You should probable schedule an appointment with your dermatologist and get everything cleared .hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon