My doctor removed some of my nasal bone, which now looks flat on the sides and my entire nose looks too narrow - how to fix?

There was a miscommunication during my first consultation - I had no idea he wanted to remove some of my nasal bone (I was a naive 24 yr old). When I turn my head slightly to the right, my left nasal bone area looks kind of flat. The other side doesn't look as flat, but each side has a small bump on the bridge (he also filed my bridge down). I hate the way it looks! I also have a breathing problem (asked a Q about it on here) - I have 2 more Qs to ask on on here! Not enough letter room. Pls help

Revision Rhinoplasty Concerns

Obtaining your previous operative note and consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist would be helpful in determining if your diagnosis is indeed correct.

The most important factor in achieving a beautiful result is finding the right surgeon. Finding rhinoplasty specialists experienced in revision rhinoplasty is the first step. After this, consult with 2-3 of these surgeons in person and determine your comfort level with their approach, demeanor, and before and after results.

Revisional Rhinoplasty

Pictures of your nose are needed to make a full assessment. But I doubt that your doctor removed any nasal bone, they were probably significantly in fractures which is why they look narrow now. It is not a reliable technique to try and break the nasal bones and move them back out. Rather the nasal bones have to be onlayed to make the wider now.

Multiple Problems after Rhinoplasty

Multiple problems after rhinoplasty. I need to see a full set of pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about a very difficult surgical procedure such as a revision rhinoplasty. The dorsal irregularities can be shaved down and the bridge line made wider with spreader grafts.  There are many issues on the inside of the nose  that can cause nasal obstruction such as a deviated nasal septum, chronic sinusitis, turbinate hypertrophy, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, and allergies. each one of these issues are treated differently depending upon what is causing the nasal obstruction, but only after a thorough internal examination of the nose. For more information and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Revision rhinoplasty

Not sure what can be offered until you are examined in person. It might be a good idea to review your concerns with your surgeon.

Hello and thank you for your question. How far out from surgery are you?  Generally you want to wait at least one year before undergoing revisional surgery.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD