Doctor did not perform septorhinoplasty as discussed, what can I do?

I had septorhinoplasty 2w+3d ago. I asked to have hump removed, narrow bridge and a thinner tip. After surgery, i noticed my tip looked untouched. I asked, Dr said he didnt touch my tip, it was too much to do and skin was too thick. Paperwork mentioned a revision would cost me another $1000. What about something he didnt even bother to touch? Should i have to pay for it? I feel cheated. I paid a LOT of money for this and disappointed he didnt even try to fulfil my wishes. What can/should i do?

If the skin was too thick this should be communicated before surgery - this is all about adequate communication between the surgeon and patient. It would be best to work it out with another meeting but if your skin is too thick then going back to surgery is not worthwhile anyway

Septorhinoplasty not as discussed

Hello Laiza03!  - I am sorry this happened to you.  I would highly recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon especially your concerns about fees and revisions.  Best of luck!

Jacqueline T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question.  The best next step would be for you to have a clear conversation with your surgeon and communicate your concerns.  At this early stage in recovery, it's best to try and work things out rather than seeking another opinion.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Surgeon and surgery

It sounds like you and your doctor need to have a discussion. There obviously was some gap in communication. Best of luck.

Doctor Did Not Do Surgery Desired

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry this happened to you.
The best thing is to continue to communicate your thoughts to your doctor, and see if there is some agreement that can be worked out between you two.  If not, then you are always able to get a copy of your records and consult with another plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Thank you for your question.I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon to see if you can come to some sort of mutual agreement. If you are unable to make a compromise, i would sign a medical release from your plastic surgeons office and take all of your medical records, before and after photos and op report to a board certified plastic surgeon to have a credible second opinion and evaluation of your face and nose done along with a review of your operative report. There may be some legal matters to address. At your consultation, the surgeon can then recommend the next step you should take in resolving this issue. Best of luck.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Greetings Thank you for your question. The best is to have a consultation with your surgery were you can present your signed documents which are normally given before operation agreement and inform him about your worries of your outcome results.Goodluck and wish you all the best