Is there a difference between the IDEAL mad the round silicone implant sizes?

I was wondering if a 405cc IDEAL implants are the same as a 405cc silicone ones? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Thanks for the question.  405cc will be the volume regardless of the type of implant.  What you should focus on is more the profile.  An IDEAL implant is closest to a high profile silicone, but a little less projecting.  Hope that helps!

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Implant sizes and proflies

The Ideal Implant most closely resembles high profile gel implants. This is not absolute though because the Ideal Implant has a fill range that can be adjusted. This can provide for slightly different amounts of projection. Gel implants are pre-filled and cannot be adjusted.

Differences between Ideal Implant and silicone implant sizes

Thank you for your question.  The Ideal Implant has a slightly higher profile for its size.  It's a saline implant and so has a range of fill, unlike a silicone implant.  Be sure to get the opportunity to feel these different implants during your consultation.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Ideal Implant vs. Silicone Implant—Are There Differences In Size?

Thank you for your question, ZIIISH. One of the things that is important to understand about the appearance of the breast after a breast augmentation, is that 405cc can look very different depending on whether it is a moderate profile or a high profile silicone implant. In addition, the 405cc can look different in the Ideal Implant depending on whether it is the nominal or the maximum fill for the implant that you are using. I believe it is critical for you to discuss with your plastic surgeon the desired look that you would like to achieve, and to obtain 3-dimensional imaging to make sure you both are on the same page going in to surgery. Furthermore, I would recommend that you address each of the three topics below with your plastic surgeon: 1) which of the two implants—silicone or the Ideal Implant—are right for you, 2) whether a moderate or high profile is right for you, and 3) specifically in regards to the Ideal Implant, whether a nominal or maximum fill is best for you. Good luck!