Dermal filler being charged by area not syringe

I just went to doctor who did a treatment with teosyl density 2 under my eye and charged me $599 for this treatment. I asked her how much a syringe was before and she replied that she only charges by the area. I know she did not use that much, as I have had it done numerous times. All the other places I have visited have always charged by the syringe. Im wondering how many of the doctors here do this method of charging for dermal fillers.

Charged by the area

This is very common for physicians to charge by the area.  Under eye filler is a complicated area that takes time and experience.  And truly you are delivering a surgical result with minimal downtime.