Dermal filler being charged by area not syringe

I just went to doctor who did a treatment with teosyl density 2 under my eye and charged me $599 for this treatment. I asked her how much a syringe was before and she replied that she only charges by the area. I know she did not use that much, as I have had it done numerous times. All the other places I have visited have always charged by the syringe. Im wondering how many of the doctors here do this method of charging for dermal fillers.

Charged by the area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is very common for physicians to charge by the area.  Under eye filler is a complicated area that takes time and experience.  And truly you are delivering a surgical result with minimal downtime.