Dermabrasion for my scars? (Photo)

Hello, I have done several treatments: tca cross (6-8 sessions), dermarolling, fraxel/pixel laser, and chemical/herbal peels. I see little to no improvement in my scars. I was wondering if dermabrasion or any other laser or treatment you can recommend for my scars? I'm afraid to do dermabrasion as I read many reviews on how their skin got much worst than it already was. Also will my skin be back to normal again or will I always have these scars no matter what I do? Please help!

Thank you for your question. You are exploring the right options (dermabrasion, chemical peel, etc.) which address the top layer of the skin to reveal a younger more healthy layer of skin. Are you working with a single surgeon or have you experienced these treatments among different surgeons? I ask because based on your description (and without an in-person examination), it sounds like you would benefit from a plan to address your scarring. I suggest that you consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar treatment options

Thank you for your question.Dermabrasion would be a good option for the scarring that you have.  Unfortunately no matter how many different treatments you try, you will always have some scarring left on your skin due to how deep the scarring is.  The dermabrasion will definitely help lessen the appearance but you will still have some noticeable scarring. Thank you for your question.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon